Holistic Integrated Creative Art Therapy (HICAT) is a mental health practice that uses the creative processes of art making to improve and enhance physical, mental and emotional wellbeing for individuals of all ages. This HICAT program connects clinical research with ancient traditional wisdom; developing the mind, expanding creativity, building confidence and self-awareness, realigning the body’s cells, reconnecting with the essence of joy and awakening the spirit.
Holistic Integrated Creative Arts Therapies can be used in a wide variety of settings and with an assortment of different clients. If you want to work with children, or already do, HICAT will provide you with highly effective skills which are valued by parents and teachers. It helps children express and process emotions, manage stress, self-regulate, develop confidence and the ability to focus and concentrate. Holistic Integrated Creative Arts Therapies is also extremely beneficial to children on the autism spectrum and their families.
Creativity and expression are often left behind in childhood, leaving adults with limits ways to express themselves. Holistic Integrated Creative Arts Therapies reintroduces adults of all ages into a creative therapeutic space. This is particularly useful for those clients who are resistant to talk therapies, or unable to communicate verbally.
Holistic Integrated Creative Art Therapists are in high demand in the corporate arena where they can contribute to positive work environments, less workplace stress and reduced workplace bullying. HICAT also helps to stimulate creativity and awaken leadership skills. This improves productivity and profitability making it a popular team building program for smart corporate managers.
Willow Training College Graduates receive the MBEd Diploma in Holistic Integrated Creative Art Therapy and are invited to join the International Institute of Complementary Therapists, the Holistic Healers Association International, the International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine.
They will also be provided with a full year of free membership to the Holistic Integrated Creative Arts Therapists Association and the International Meditation Teachers and Therapists Association.
(MBEd) Diploma of Holistic Integrated Creative Art Therapy is the use of art, music, drama, dance/movement, poetry/creative writing, play, storytelling and sand play within the context of therapy, counselling, rehabilitation, and holistic healing.
All information is evidence-based and will prepare you for a professional career. This course is also suitable for personal development.
Our successful students graduate with the skills, knowledge and confidence required to begin their own Holistic Integrated Creative Arts Therapy Practice; run workshops, work with groups and as well as individual clients.
This is a professional, practical training course where you will explore a wide range of creative arts while learning the essentials of working as a Holistic Integrated Creative Arts Therapist, in a safe, extremely supportive and fun-filled environment, with a highly experienced holistic therapist trainer.
- Suitable for all ages over 18 years, including mature age students.
- No previous experience or qualifications required. No artistic ability is necessary.
- Internationally industry accredited training.
- Study online with high support.
- Requires attendance at 20 x weekly sessions, and minimal ‘homework’.
- Students will complete 20 course modules – One module per week over 6 months (2 sessions).
The course will include a mix theory and practice sessions.
Time will be spent exploring and participating in the creative arts and a wide variety of meditation styles, including movement meditation, mantra meditation, chakra meditation, guided creative visualization, mindfulness and Zen meditation.
The course will involve a varied range of learning approaches and will include (but not limited to) course texts, film, completion of art projects, essays and course related tests.
There will be also be some fieldwork components where you will need to involve a friend or family member or visit a professional practice, business or centre (information and strategies on how to complete this will be provided).
Practical topics covered in this course include:
- Art Therapy (paint, watercolor pencils, charcoal & oil pastels)
- Tactile Therapy (sculpture, clay, construction, Sand play & environmental art making)
- Music, Tribal Rhythms, Medicine Drums & Sound Therapy
- Dance & Movement Therapy
- Role Play, Storytelling, creative writing & Drama Therapy
Theory topics covered in this course include:
- The cause & effects of stress
- The mind/body connection
- Physiology of the brain
- Left brain/right brain
- Unconscious beliefs and mental patterns
- Exploring emotions
- History of art therapy
- Creative therapies & health
- Why creative art therapies are effective
- Creative art therapies as emotional healing
- Creative art therapies for recovery & rehabilitation
- Art & developing intuition
- Drawing from within
- Colour & emotions
- Sound, vibration & the bodies cells
- The creative process
- Art appreciation
- Interpretation & diagnosis
- Compassion & non-judgment
- Learning Styles
- Personality types
- Managing groups
- Supporting clients
- Working with PTSD
- Working with anxiety disorders
- Working with grief & loss
- Working with children
- Working with depression
- Working in medical settings
- Developing community arts projects
- Meditation for every day
- Meditation in action through art
- Meditation with music and movement
- Gratitude & art journaling
- Holistic counselling skills for creative arts therapists
- Networking & referring
- Ethics, safety & professionalism
- Setting up your own practice
- Creating a specialised practice
- Resources, materials & equipment
- Marketing for creative arts therapists
- Legalities, insurance and joining associations
Our courses are recognized with the International Institute of Complementary Therapists, the Holistic Healers Association International , the International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine and the Complementary Medical Association. All have excellent global reputations and rigorous screening processes. We are very proud to have their stamps of approval.
Our graduates can join the IICT, HHAI and the CMA, and get professional practitioner insurance, in 26 countries around the world.
Our Bunbury Program will be held on Mondays during School Terms 3 & 4 in 2021,
at Bunbury Counselling (Level 2, 123 Spencer Street, South Bunbury).
Monday, 19 July 2021
Monday, 26 July 2021
Monday, 2 August 2021
Monday, 9 August 2021
Monday, 16 August 2021
Monday, 23 August 2021
Monday, 30 August 2021
Monday, 6 September 2021
Monday, 13 September 2021
Monday, 20 September 2021
***2 Week Holiday Break***
Monday, 11 October 2021
Monday, 18 October 2021
Monday, 25 October 2021
Monday, 1 November 2021
Monday, 8 November 2021
Monday, 15 November 2021
Monday, 22 November 2021
Monday, 29 November 2021
Monday, 6 December 2021
Monday, 13 December 2021
Book in below. Early Bird discount MARCH ONLY!
HICAT - Bunbury, Semester 2, 2021 (Mondays)
Holistic Integrated Creative Arts Therapy is a mental health practice that uses the creative process of art-making to improve and enhance the physical, mental and emotional well-being for individuals of all ages.
Mondays 9.15am-2.45pm Terms 3 & 4.
@ Bunbury Counselling - Level 2, 123 Spencer Street South Bunbury